The right teacher at the right time can do wonders...
Books worth reading
When I first started on this metaphyscal/healer/psychic journey, Julie Lewin - a friend who is also a talented medical intuitive - recommended some books to me. Little did I know at the time how profound these would be and since then I've also read many others. And all these many years later Julie now also has her own book (included in the list below).
- “The Celestine Prophecy” by James Redfield – An action adventure parable - it explains some hard to understand concepts in amongst a bit of an action adventure story. It’s also been made into a film which I’m yet to see. There are also subsequent books for those really into this - I can also recommend the Experiental Guides that relate to these books as they are like a excerside book for you to work through. What hit home with me was that I could see 2 of the ‘insights’ talked about in the book…so if that’s the case then there’s no reason why the others can’t be seen/achieved either.
- “The Reluctant Messiah” and “Jonathan Livingston Seagull” by Richard Bach– Amazingly simple parables. I find everytime I read them I get something different out of them depending on where I am in my journey. And even better -they are tiny little books so I can knock them off fast:)
- “The Journey Home” by Kryon (channeled by Lee Carrol) – Kryon is a loving entity channeled by Lee Carrol. This book is definately one of my favourites- it's written as a parable to help explain some difficult concepts. It helped me to understanding why sh*t happens to us sometimes.
- “Journeys Out of the Body” by Robert Monroe – An interesting book from the author as he documents in a more scientific manner his out of body experiences. He started to experience unusual out of body experiences in the late 1950’s and so documented these occurrences. He went onto establish the Monroe Institute:http://www.monroeinstitute.org
- “Areekeera” by Julie Lewin – Everything this talented lady first taught me and more is covered in this book. She explains things so well and it's really empowering. You can learn more about it & get your copy here: https://areekeera.com/
- “Big Magic” by Elizabeth Gilbert – Struggling to live a creative life or overcome fear around living the life you want? Elizabeth's simple words will give you a new perspective on life.
- “Earth Angels” by Doreen Virtue – Another small book that packs a punch. " If you feel different from other people, as if you were dropped off on this planet ...[or]...you have a passion/talent for healing, teaching or helping others but struggle with your own addictions, relationship challenges, etc then you may be an Earth Angel". If this is you - you need to read this book.
- “Way of the Peaceful Warrior” by Dan Millman – I'm not even sure how to describe this book. It's a parable. A reasonably good story with lots of lessons on the way. But it wasn't until the end that I had my light bulb moment. And man was it a big one.
- “The Life You Were Born To Live” by Dan Millman – A spookily accurate book. Using numerology about your birthday Dan provides profiles of each path life. He goes into details about your strengths and weaknesses and covers which spiritual laws you are working through so that you can be empowered about your future. Every person I know (but one) has found this to be spot on.
Videos worth watching
- Spirit Science These guys have grown dramatically over the last 8 years or so since starting. They create spiritually educational cartoons that delve into some very deep and complex areas of life such as astral projection, chakras, sacred geometry, alternative histories including Lemuria & ascension. They also have a range of articles, etc available on the site too. The videos are available here. But below are some particular videos I highly recommend watching:
- Gaia It's netflix for spiritual stuff. Although most of the items are only available to paying members there are many films, tv shows and documentaries etc that are available for free. The range of free items changes every month or so. One documentary I highly recommend is The Secret of Water. I came across it many years ago on youtube but then it disappeared. I've only recently found it again on Gaia! This will change how you look at water.